Technical Innovation for dental practionners
Francisco J. Ramos-Gómez (USA)
Time: 10:30 - 13:00
Room: RETIRO (Gallery)
Chair(s): David Manton (Australia)
- > Medical/dental technically innovative disease prevention management model
- > Early establishment of a dental home by 12 months - bio-behavioral model
- > Technical innovations such as tri-calcium phosphate (TCP) & fluoride combination therapy approaches incorporated into pediatric practice and based on individual patient centered individualized risk.
- > Use of practical forms and tools based on the principles of caries management by risk assessment (CAMBRA).
- > Promote Bio-behavioral innovative technology prevention in order to achieve long-lasting good oral health for young patients and their parents.
Recent increases in caries prevalence in young children throughout the world highlight the need for an innovative infant oral care programme. Such a programme needs to include a medical disease prevention management model with early establishment of a dental home and a treatment approach based on individual patient risk. Practical tools based on the principles of caries management by risk assessment, CAMBRA are useful for developing and maintaining such a protocol for infants during oral care visits. General dental practice can adopt easy protocols that will promote early preventive visits and anticipatory guidance rather than waiting for the need for restorative treatment.