DEADLINE EXPIRED!FDI World Dental Congress to be held in Madrid breaks all records after receiving more than 1.000 Abstracts from 46 countries
Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/josepr23/public_html/2017/FDI2017/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/ContainerImpl.php on line 460
General submission rules
- 1. Authors can submit abstracts for oral presentations and posters. However, the final presentation type of the accepted abstract is under the discretion of congress scientific committee.
- 2. Authors can submit abstracts for original studies or case reports. No literature reviews will be accepted.
- 3. Authors may submit up to 3 abstracts but present only 1 abstract (for example: 1 abstract as presenting author and 2 abstracts as author)
- 4. All abstracts must be prepared and presented in English only.
- 5. Abstract shall not be longer than 250 words.
- 6. Abstract shall include specific sections (see below Abstract Content / Sections)
- 7. Abstract title must be less than 10 words and express the researches essence.
- 8. Name, last name, title, institution, city and contact details of authors shall be stated clearly.
- 9. Presenting author shall be stated in the system.
- 10. Abstract body shall not include any indication of the personal details of authors.
- 11. Abstract body shall not include any tables, charts or graphics.
- 12. Abstract body shall avoid reference to institution names, locations, or funding sources.
- 13. Abstract body and commercial / trade names:
- For original studies, abstract body shall not include any reference to commercial / trade names. Only generic names can be used.
- For case report abstracts, the trade name may be used but must be accompanied by the generic name
- 14. Abstracts of the unfinished researches will not be evaluated.
- 15. The abstract has not been submitted and accepted at another national or international scientific meeting.
Online Abstract System Procedure
Please, do not click on “New abstract” if you have submitted an abstract before as contact person. Use your password to log in and then submit the new ones. This way you will be able to check the status of all your abstracts with the same password.
- 1. Authors/Submitters shall use the online submission form to submit every abstract.
- 2. To submit the first abstract authors must click on “New abstract”.
- 3. An acknowledge receipt will be sent by email to the submitter (contact person) after the first submission. This email will include a password.
- 4. The submitter will be able to use this password in case of:
- New abstract submission (up to 3) with the same contact person.
- Modify the submitted abstracts before the abstract submission deadline
- To access their submitted abstracts to check their abstracts’ status.
- Authors can submit abstracts for oral presentations and posters.
- Poster format (paper or e-poster) will be confirmed at a later stage.
- Poster presenters will be required to stand by their posters at specified times (date/times will be specified after abstract acceptance).
- Oral Presentation: Ten minutes verbal presentation on a topic of your choice followed by a two minutes discussion.
- Poster: Five minutes verbal presentation. After the presentations, a round of questions will be moderated by the Chairperson of this session.
FDI World Dental Congress to be held in Madrid breaks all records after receiving more than 1.000 Abstracts from 46 countries1. General Dentistry
- 1.1 Oral Health and Systemic Health
- 1.2 Digital Dentistry
- 1.3 Gerodontology
- 1.4 Special Care Dentistry
- 1.5 Others
2. Preventive Dentistry
- 2.1 Caries prevention
- 2.2 Prevention and Periodontal diseases
- 2.3 Epidemiology
- 2.4 Interceptive Orthodontics
- 2.5 Public Health
- 2.6 Dental erosion and non-carious lesions
3. Dental Treatment & Restorative Dentistry
- 3.1 Caries
- 3.2 Periodontics
- 3.3 Endodontics
- 3.4 Pedodontics
- 3.5 Materials
- 3.6 Esthetics
- 3.7 Prosthodontics
- 3.8 Orthodontics
4. Oral Surgery, Medicine and Cancer
- 4.1 Implantology
- 4.2 Oral Surgery
- 4.3 Oral Medicine
- 4.4 Oral Pathology
- 4.5 Oral Immunology
Abstract sections for Original Study Abstracts
1. Aim or purpose
In one brief sentence, provide the rational for the investigation and/or the question to be answered, with or without short citation(s). Citations should be listed and provide the name and initials of authors (max 3), title of article, title of journal, year of publication, the volume number and first and last page numbers in full. Please note: the aim implies that case reports cannot be accepted, unless the findings lead to more general statements.
2. Materials and methods
The experimental conditions should be reported briefly (i.e. age group, nature of the animals, sex, and approval from the Ethics Committee at the presenter’s institution). The clinical approach should be precise, and the period of time studied taken into account in the interpretation. The methods used should also be clearly indicated (i.e. image analysis, biochemical data, histological, immune-histological or molecular probes used for the analysis of the data, statistical significance).
The results should be stated in a maximum of three sentences.
This is any conclusion(s) that can be drawn from the presentation. This final statement is crucial because it supports the scientific value of the poster.
Abstract sections for Case Report Abstracts
Abstract title must be less than 10 words. The initial letter of the title must be capitalized. It should express the researches essence (concise summary) and should convince the reader that the topic is important, relevant, and innovative. It is not necessary to describe everything about the case in the title.
The case report abstract begins with a short introduction. It describes the context of the case and demonstrates its relevance or importance.
3. Case Description
Case Reports needs to represent treatment (new or novel) approaches to dealing with specific clinical problems. When reporting the case, comply the essential guidelines of medical/dental communication; describe in sequence the medical and/or dental history, physical examination, investigative study (studies), and the progress and outcome. Product trade names used in the case treatment must be accompanied by a generic term, and followed by the manufacturer in parentheses.
The principal objective of the discussion is to review why decisions were made and summarize the lesson from the case. Clinical Considerations should be included by a brief description of the clinical materials and techniques employed. Not uncommonly, reports from the literature, or their absence, are cited that either directly support or contradict the findings of the case. The best case report abstracts are those that give a small number of learning points in clear and concise language.
5. Conclusion/clinical significance
In a few sentences, the clinical importance and implications of the research or clinical technique should be discussed and included, and if applicable, its relevance to clinical dentistry.
The abstracts submitted must be written in appropriate English. It is the author's responsibility to ensure this by either having sufficient English language skills or by obtaining the services of an English-as-second-language expert.
Evaluation Criteria The evaluation by the reviewers is based on:
- Scientific or Clinical interest in the question to be assessed
- Sufficient data provided
- Clinical impact
Poster presenters are required to be present physically to present their posters at times specified.
- 1. Abstract acceptance letters will be sent by 2 May 2017.
- 2. Abstract acceptance letters will be sent to the submitting author’s contact e-mail address he/she entered in the system.
- 3. All accepted abstracts will be highlighted in the system and authors will be able to monitor the actual situation of their abstracts.
- 4. At least the presenting author of each accepted abstract shall register before 31 May 2017, in order to include their abstract in the final scientific program.
Publication Accepted abstracts will be published in the International Dental Journal (IDJ), the main scientific publication of FDI World Dental Federation.